Being 20.


Turning 20 is a big thing for me. Another important milestone that someone is an adult, no longer a teenager. Every birthdays are a reminder for me to take a short pause and looking back at what I've been doing for the past years in my life, and looking forward to plan what I want to be in the future. Dad always asks me to write my dreams & goals every birthday since I was a little girl, he taught me to be focus and stay committed to it until it comes true. I still do that until now, sometimes every Christmas and New Year too (yes, I'm a resolution girl). When I was a kid, I thought 20 years old me would be working in an office. Wearing uniform. Bringing briefcase and laptop everywhere. Just like what adults do. The only thing I knew, 20 years old was still a long, long way to go. Being 20 is later, not now. But here I am ten years later, working on things that I never expected before. I blog. Maintaining a little cafe with my brother. I traveled to places I never thought I'd be. Not working 9 to 5, but sometimes more than those hours. Being 20 freaks me out. Maybe it's just another year or 365 days, but it's just scary how time flew so fast, seemed like just yesterday I finished school and now I'm changing the first number in my age that I've been so comfortable with for the past 10 years. The responsibilities of being an adult freaks me out. But then those insecurities turned into gratitude, a huge, huge gratitude. I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful parents and siblings who support me all the time (and my mom and dad stayed up late helping me for my 20th birthday party). I met Audrio. (It is fascinating if you're wondering how God had planned every single person who comes into your life in the right time. Isn't it?) And these lovely people I never thought I would meet and now becoming my friends. I have an unexpected path of life, but it's okay because my God love surprises. I feel very, very blessed. :)


Hosting my first party at Ninotchka! my mom helped me with the cooking and baking. I never had a sweet seventeen or themed birthday parties before, so I thought it would be fun to have a tea party with my closest friends (and reuniting with Ceka who just got back from Milan). This supposed to be a mod, sixties kind of vibe, but I didn't know why it turned out to be some kind of mardi gras... muahahah. Probably the drag queen wigs. But I had a really really great time, thanks to all my crazy guests who dressed up stick to the theme. I love you guys so much, thank you for being awesome! xD


...still not old enough to love alcohol.

Ario & Kak Cindy came & brought me birthday presentssss! :) :)




sixties hippies.


thirty minutes later...


....I'm lost. :))

Ciko!
Ario for the best dress! I mean tux.


LOVE. 



mum and dad! 




Thank you guys for coming, and also all the wishes on twitter & instagram, you made my day special! :)

Comments

  1. I remember 20 and how things never turn out the way you plan.

    /Avy

    http://mymotherfuckedmickjagger.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday sonia :D I'm 20 y.o too, may God bless you yaa :-*
    hatta-shani.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy bday Sonia, may God bless you always :*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday, Sonia! I hope you have a great year ahead <3 Your dress was simply beautiful <3

    http://keslytales.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really sweet :3 happy bday !! Wish comes true

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really understand how you feel about turning 20 'coz I've just turned 20 last month :) and yeah, being 20 isn't that scary but still I'm amazed on how time flew so fast. Wishing you a happy life surrounded with your beloved ones, Sonia <3

    xx from Japan,

    shabrinahazimi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
    You had a great party! I wish I can throw a party like that. :)

    xx The Expert Dreamer

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday Riots Barbie! (I'm apologize for the late comments) Wish all the best for you, long life and stay to be my Inspirational Blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy 20th birthday ! Great party.
    Just wish u all the best and have a great year ahead :)
    and continue blogging to give us, reader, great inspiration

    deciphotos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy birthday! :D stay awesome and fearless -Fenny

    styleaffection.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. looks so much fun! x3

    cheer, michelle
    http://livedreammagic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're just 20? you've achieved so much at such a young age, and it's awesome! =) Happy bday again.

    nadinmagbiray.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loveee the unique party theme :) looks like it was a blast, happy belated birthday! x

    http://rosalindatj.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy birthday :)

    http://nadiraarasya.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I bet you're gonna be an amazing 20 woman!! Happy birthday to you :D Super love the birthday party theme. It's oh so vintage! And your haido is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy birthday!! Many happy returns :)

    Join my International giveaway with prizes from various brand. Click here ;)
    Cheers,
    Karina Dinda R. ♥
    BLOG | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy bday Sonia.. wish the best !! Stay pretty and inspired !!

    Chic Swank

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cool and inspiring party!

    http://jessiakhalis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. looks fun party. happy b'day :)

    http://bayuradith.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. so much fun!! Happy Birthday!! =`)

    xoxo,
    teru2xbozu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cool themed party<3
    Visit my blog if you had a chance, agustinmonica.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. happy birthday ka sonia! keep updating!


    http://nataliegasm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. YOU. ARE ALL. BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE.

    Happy birthday, Sonia! <3

    Cheers from Jakarta,
    SUPERNICE

    ReplyDelete
  24. happy belated birthday anyway kak! this post is my favorite post so far! keep inspiring<3



    http://finalexpectation.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. sweet birthday :) also sweet party yuhuuuu!!

    nadiadwifortuna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. happy birthday sonia, look like a good party. next year i am 20 too. GBU :)

    http://houseof-drama.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. love choo bebiiih eke ambil fotonya yah buat blog ahahah please d masak pastanya jangan dijadiin kalung doang ahahahah *kisskiss love chooo


    www.hippiegonemad.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts