NYLON Japan: Room Tour Coverage!


I just moved in to my new place recently, and I'm so honored to have NYLON Japan to do the first room tour of my tiny new space! So here are the complete pics and interview for NYLON's world issue May edition :)

 Catch this month's NYLON Japan! :)

photo credit of the mag by Elco Frebliaman


I put all my cameras, favorite books and vintage findings on my wooden bookcase. The old telephone is still working, though. :D


Tell us anything about you and your life style! 
I bake cakes, travel, take pictures, write and dress up for a living... Pretty much doing what I love to do. In the meantime I play guitar and make dresses, my dad taught me how to play musical instrument and my mom taught me how to sew. I love collecting vintage items I found at the thrift store because it makes me feel like living in the few decades back. I found my inspiration through movies and music, and if I could pick the most favorite decade to live in, it will be the 60s. Good music and fashionable people everywhere. But I actually enjoy dressing up according to the 50s - 90s era depending to my mood. I can wear a pretty 50s vintage flare dress today and 80s leather jacket with ripped jeans the next day, it’s like I can do time-travel with my closet.


Audrey Hepburn artwork by Torobian and Enpens book clutch. David Bowie glasses. Bought the colorful plastic dinos at the toy store. There it is, from pre-historic to the 70s in one place.




Describe your room in a single phrase!
It’s a vintage, homey space with a jumble of my favorite things in it.

Where do you get the inspirations of your room from? 
The old times. I basically just put everything I love in my room, anything that makes me feel happy when I look at them.


  My current favorite 80s sequin sweater I found at Harajuku thrift store.

   

Mom's vintage tea cups.


 I usually sort my clothes based on colors and how often I'm going to wear it.







Where did you usually get your room stuff?
I got the cameras, vintage telephone and vinyl player at one of Jakarta’s thrift store. A few were gifts from my friends and boyfriend, the weird stuff are mostly my D-I-Y. For the shabby chic inspired furniture, I got them separately when I found the ones that caught my eyes, and matched them later.

Which is the most favorite part in your room? 
My closet because it’s the place where I get inspired, where I go the first thing in the morning before I start the day.



 My sewing room where me and my mom sew.



Wearing Wayang coat by Nita Seno Adji. I admire her awesome works!

Comments

  1. Your room is sooo lovely.
    You're such an inspiration
    and congrats for another super awesome Feature Story

    ♥Ongles et De La Vie De Puspita♥
    ♥Instagram♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow so cool! thanks for sharing i'm very inspired! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cool!!!!

    flowercrepess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your room is so breathtaking! I wish I could decorate my own room :(

    http://deasytantra.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG NYLON JAPAN!?!!!soeeenvyyyy!!!!;_;
    Whoa i really love the vintage looks of your room:D
    i want to decorate my room like Classic American Dinner :3:3 but have no money and have no time to do it haha-_-

    Adventure of p-chaaaaaan!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a comfortable place! <3

    http://fashiondity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG YOU ARE SO STUNNING SONIA, GREAT JOB, IT'S JAPANESE MAGAZINE..YOU ARE TOTALLY INTERNATIONAL. PROUD OF YOU

    SOMETHING REAL SERIOUS
    INSTAGRAM
    SOMETHING REAL SERIOUS PAGE

    ReplyDelete
  8. omg i love your vintage things <333 Too cute !

    ReplyDelete
  9. inspiring girl! Your apartment is gorgeous like the owner.

    thebingogenic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely room!

    www.basic-classic.blogspot.com
    www.instagram.com/Andianti_

    ReplyDelete
  11. great room
    and great wayang coat

    visit mine,
    Miss Aa

    ReplyDelete
  12. great room
    and great wayang coat

    visit mine,
    Miss Aa

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow! this is amazing. love your room, sonia! i wish i had a room like yours :)

    This is real and This is me

    ReplyDelete
  14. congrats for being published international!! I love the simplicity yet chic room interiors <3 would you mind telling the address of the thrift store where you get the vintage things? Love the blog

    www.dreamvibecouture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome new place such an inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  16. congrats kak :)

    I adore your room interior too

    Take care,
    Rizuna from 100% Nerd

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMGGG love your room so muchhh! I can stare your photos for hours! So vintage and classy! <3


    Love always,
    lapetitecoeur.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. THIS IS FUCKING AMAZING
    pardon the language but really tho NYLON japan >.<
    you certainly deserve this son, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  19. your ukulele is so cute ka Son, really want to be a successful person like you someday!! <3

    valerie

    ReplyDelete
  20. omg! I love the vintage stuff that you have <3

    www.stepfromsteph.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts