Skincare Routine for The (Lazy) Practical Minds


Is doing the bare minimum actually the secret key to a good skin?





My skin has always been so low maintenance, yet well adjusted to my practical lifestyle. Any skincare and make-up I use, I make sure it would fit in my small travel pouch. I committed to keep my routine really short and simple, and have never applied more than 5 layers of different skincare at once. For my laziness, and also the practicality. Does that mean my skin has never been a problem for me? At least not in my early 20’s life. 


The Backstory
I had my worst acne breakout during my puberty, when I was sixteen, I was trying out one facial treatment - you know, the one where they poke your pores because they claim they know when your future acne is gonna appear, kind of your fortune teller but for pimples- intending to clear some blackheads I had. That one facial treatment turned into an entire face ‘purging’, triggered acne that never appeared before in my life to suddenly popped up, and that kept going for months. 


Doing The Bare Minimum
Not saying that I didn't try, I have gone through stages of panicking and trying any product and treatment to make my skin better, spending money on high-end products, to applying any organic food on my face as mask, and none of it worked. After a while, I gave up and started treating my skin more nonchalantly. I don’t know whether the drugstore facial foam I used really worked, or just because my puberty party has ended, but my skin finally went calmer over the years. I kept my promise to never, ever, experiment on my skin again. I shared this story to my friends who have clear skin, and their secret is: they never do any weird routine on their face, just make-up remover and sometimes, moisturizer. Have I been manipulating my own skin's health for all this time? I decided that ‘doing the bare minimum’ works best on my skin: removing my make-up, washing my face with facial foam, and some facial scrub plus exfoliator brush every two or three day (using exfoliator more frequently than that will cause excessive dryness and irritation). When I have blackhead build-up but I need to show up at some events the next day, I would rely on my volcano clay mask to get rid of blackheads on my T-zone area. Although it wouldn't work as effective as the scrub or exfoliator, but at least I'm not bruising my skin. I only got one or two pimples appearing every PMS days, and I’m quite pleased with that situation.


Keeping it (Even) Shorter
I don’t have the patient to wait for months for a product to see the result, or to wear different layers before sleep when some days I don’t even have the energy to wipe make-up off my face. When I came across this hyped Foreo Luna Mini 2 from my friends, and my instagram timeline, and everywhere else, I wondered if this product really work or is it another scam which will end up as a cute decor in the bathroom? Until I decided to get one for myself and give it a go.






The Review
It's been 5 months since I first got it and I've been using it daily, so here is my review, answering my own questions and probably your curiosity, too:

Does it do better job than my usual exfoliator brush? 
More than I expected. The silicone material makes the brush gentler so I'm allowed to use this one daily, not like the nylon bristled brush that is more abrasive and feels like it's bruising my skin sooner or later. It's also harder for bacteria to latch to silicone than the usual exfoliating brush or sponge, so I wouldn’t worry about leaving it in the bathroom. The vibration works like a therapeutic session, it stimulates my blood circulation every morning (this is such a luxury treat that I didn’t even ask for), and also the timer keeps me focus on dedicating my serene 15 minutes exclusively to cleaning my face.

How soon can I feel the effect?? (Or does it have any effect at all?)
I started to feel the difference the second day I tried it. Since my first day had mostly trial and errors and awkwardness of using this, the second day I used it properly for 15 minutes as the timer suggested, and it removed my blackheads effortlessly with no pain. As exfoliator brush bristles made my skin 'squeaky clean' and drier, this somehow makes my skin feels more hydrated and bouncier. I woke up with a smooth and bouncy, visibly glassy clean pores in the morning.

How about the batteries???
I only charged this once the first time I got it, and after 5 months, it’s still running now and I’m using it daily. The charging port is also waterproof so no need to worry!

How will it help my lazy and practical lifestyle??
I've scratched off my facial scrubs, exfoliator brush, or clay masks from my routine since Luna Mini 2 alone covers all the stuff those products do, and that also means putting less unnecessary products on my skin. My make-up pouch has gone even emptier now because I have shorter, more effective routine. 




🎀 𝕄𝕪 𝕦𝕝𝕥𝕚𝕞𝕒𝕥𝕖, 𝕡𝕣𝕒𝕔𝕥𝕚𝕔𝕒𝕝 𝕤𝕜𝕚𝕟𝕔𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕣𝕠𝕦𝕥𝕚𝕟𝕖 𝕟𝕠𝕨 🎀

- Removing my make-up with Bioderma miscellar water
Foreo Luna Mini 2 with SenkaPerfect Whip’ facial foam
- HERA 'Cell Essence' toner or Juara Radiance Vitality Oil
for a quick overnight fix

(after these holy trinity steps, it’s guaranteed that I’ll wake up with the best skin condition possible.)


You can find Foreo Luna Mini 2 in Sephora Indonesia or by clicking here.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts